Wednesday, February 01, 2006

War's not over

I know its a bit of a serious topic but its very very true. The war is still happening. I know that everyone knows this but sometimes its a little "outta site outta mind" It kinda was for me too and I'm in the military. THat was until I started my new job on Monday. I now have the opertunity to transport casualties everytime I'm on shift. We are truely the busiest and best CASF in the world. Every casualty that comes from down range comes through us and more. I have worked two shifts so far and have already seen a lot. Thankfully all of them have been stable and will live but it still makes you think a little. Sometimes I feel that these men and women don't get all the credit they deserve and that it disappointing. It could always be worse though. At least this time isn't like Vietnam. Anyway, I've spoke my mind for now. View above if you haven't already for something a little lighter. Take care.

1 Comments:

At 7:21 AM, Blogger Angie said...

Very well put Wes. "Outta sight, outta mind" is exactly how I've been with this issue. I really hope that you are spared from having to see anything too morbid...even thought I know you could handle it. I am just so happy that you are where you are and not in Iraq...SO HAPPY!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home